Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Favorite Flashlight

This Surefire E2L Outdoorsman flashlight never ceases to amaze me. It's small, built like a piece of military hardware and is incredibly powerful. I took this on a vacation to Arizona and was able to illuminate the rock wall on the other side of a small canyon at night. Shine it in someone's face and it is blinding. Our favorite thing to do with the Surefire at home is charge the glow-in-the-dark eyes of a stuffed toy ghost. The glow afterwards from its eyes is bright enough to see by in a dark room. The flashlight runs on special Lithium batteries that I haven't had to replace yet (had it for a year now) but I bought a box of 12 from Surefire for $21. Best thing about the batteries is they have a shelf life of 10 years. Surefire sells a wide variety of flashlights but I'm quite happy with the one I got. This is a great addition to any emergency kit!

No comments: