Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Protection Against A Dirty Bomb

When I tell people about one of my more expensive Go Bag purchases they sometimes give me that "maybe you're taking this a little too far" look. But if terrorists ever detonate a dirty bomb in the city, a Portable Geiger Counter will suddenly seem like a brilliant gadget to have. That's because a dirty bomb would only contaminate a small area with dangerous radiation and it might be completely safe just a few blocks away. With a Geiger counter you can quickly know if you're in a danger zone. This is also a device that, when you do really need one, will be harder to find than the Wii at Christmas! I purchased my unit for about $250 from Edmund Scientific's, a company I have happily bought gadgets and toys from for decades.

No comments: